Tuesday, December 22, 2009

The guy with a 40.9% Click Thru Rate‏

What Perry Marshal Says.....

When most of us write Google ads, we quickly get stuck in
one or two ruts. We think we're testing 20 different ads but
really we're testing 2 different ads 10 times, only with slightly
different words.

Every time you bust yourself out of one of those ruts, your
checks get FATTER.

Best way to escape the rut: Get a swipe file.

Raiding your swipe file to test new Google ads is the
easiest $1,000-per-hour work I know of.

I've been keeping my own AdWords "Jet Stream" swipe file
for 3 years now. It's so precious, I only give it to
Roundtable Members and folks who come to 4 Man Intensives.

Markus Roman has been building an AdWords swipe file that's
10X bigger than mine, and he's been using more powerful
tools to do it. As a result he's got CTR's of 27.2%, 36.7%,
40.9%.

Killer AdWords ads work because they operate at the
*subconscious* level. They activate hard-wiring in your
brain and they're almost PRIMAL. Markus has primal
Google ads at AdWordsSwipeFile.com.

You should check out his sales page... even if you just do
it to steal some of the ads he's got in his exhibits. He's
got 10 ads on his sales page. His product has 1,000.

Remember: The #1 factor in raising your Quality Score is
still CTR. But you don't have to figure this out all by
yourself. Let Markus' examples culled from billions of
Google searches do the work for you:

http://www.AdWordsSwipeFile.com

I was going to mention.... when I was a young marketing pup,
the first thing my mentors taught me to do was build a
"Swipe File."

Wow, what a geeky concept. Collecting good specimens of
"junk mail."

Being an obedient estudiante, I did. My wife and friends
even started collecting stuff for me. "Perry I saw this an
immediately thought of you."

NICE. Soon I had an entire filing cabinet of letters and
ads!

Now I've got huge folders on my hard drive full of emails
and ads and web pages and all kinds o' cool stuff.

I've now added Markus's ingenious collection to my library.
I suggest you do the same:

http://www.AdWordsSwipeFile.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Custom Search